Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Firefox Add On is what make Firefox so special. The Top 10 Firefox Add On, a survey done by CNET, the add on list is as follow:
1. All in One Side Bar
All-in-One Sidebar (AiOS) is an award-winning sidebar control, inspired by Opera's. It lets you quickly switch between sidebar panels, view dialog windows such as downloads, extensions, and more in the sidebar, or view source or websites in the sidebar.
2. Adblock Plus
Ever been annoyed by all those ads and banners on the internet that often take longer to download than everything else on the page? Install Adblock Plus now and get rid of them.
3. Tab Mix Plus
Tab Mix Plus enhances Firefox's tab browsing capabilities. It includes such features as duplicating tabs, controlling tab focus, tab clicking options, undo closed tabs and windows, plus much more. It also includes a full-featured session manager.
Full-Screen, 3D -- Cooliris transforms your browser into a visually stunning experience for searching, viewing, and sharing online photos and videos. Our "3D Wall" lets you effortlessly search and zoom your way around thousands of images, videos, movies, news feeds, and even online retailers. To share stuff with friends, just drag and drop.
If you use Firefox on more than one computer, you'll want Foxmarks. Install Foxmarks on each computer, and it works silently in the background to keep your bookmarks and (optionally) passwords synchronized. Foxmarks also keeps your data backed up and safe from computer failures. If you're away from your computer, Foxmarks allows you to access your bookmarks online by logging into my.foxmarks.com.
6. IE tab
IE Tab - an extension from Taiwan, features: Embedding Internet Explorer in tabs of Mozilla/Firefox...
Do you listen to Music while surfing the Web? FoxyTunes lets you control almost any media player and find lyrics, covers, videos, bios and much more with a click right from your browser.
8. Video Downloader
9. Downloader Helper
10. MR Tech Toolkit
The primary goal of this extension is to provide the tools needed to install and manage extensions and themes locally and tons of other features. Note: With Toolkit 6.0 Auto Archiving is fully working in Firefox 2.0 and temporarily disabled for Firefox 3.0, fix coming soon.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
FOSS.my 2008 is Malaysia’s premier Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) event. It is purely non-commercial event about FOSS. There will be no marketing/sales talks. The vendors will be encouraged to speak on the FOSS technical aspects of their projects/tools.
Date: 8th-9th November 2008
Venue: APIIT, Technology Park Malaysia, Bukit Jalil, Kuala Lumpur (map)
Register: RM30 before 25th Oct 08, or RM50 later. Register now!
Below is the presentation and talk during the two days event.:
Presentations and Speakers:
1.Fun Things to do with Asterisk, by Alwin Chan
2.Git: The New Hotness, by Kamal Fariz
3. Hacking on phpMyAdmin (A Google Summer of Code project), by Raj Kissu Rajandran
4.Malaysian Challenges SAP!, by Redhuan Daniel Oon
5.Open Source and the ORCA Screen Reader, by Silatul Rahim Dahman
6.Anatomy of Fedora Kiosk Mode, by James Morris
7.OSS at mixi.jp: Behind the Scenes, by Toru Maesaka
8.memcached: Introduction to the Upcoming Goodness, by Toru Maesaka
9.How Linux Gets My Dream Job at IBM, by Fajar Priyanto
10.Linux High-Availability Cluster Presentation and Demo, by Fajar Priyanto
11.How Open Source is accelerating innovation in the field of SaaS and PaaS, by Jerome Gotangco
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
"Rabbits have infested Lowyat.NET and unplugged it from the Internet!
We will be back when the exterminators arrive. Meanwhile, play around in our chatroom.. "
Password Synchronization works silently in the background to make sure that your passwords are the same on all your computers. If you add, remove or update a password on one computer, Foxmarks will make sure that your change will automatically be made on all your other computers as well. It works in a similar manner to bookmark synchronization with two major differences:
- Password Synchronization is completely optional and is turned off by default. Foxmarks will ignore your passwords until you decide to synchronize them.
- Password Sycnhronization encrypts your passwords using a secret PIN of your choosing before they ever leave your computer. This ensures that nobody but you, not even Foxmarks, can gain access to your passwords.
While Sync Profile makes it easy to keep some bookmarks from syncing to all your computers. If you use different Toolbars at work and at home, or if you have some private bookmarks that you don't want to sync to your work machine, Sync Profiles is your solution.For more infomation about Foxmarks Sync Password & Sync Profile visit http://www.foxmarks.com/
Monday, October 20, 2008
The WIN A FREE AN ATI RADEON™ GRAPHICS CARD CONTEST from AMD for Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand Resident
AMD if currently having a The WIN A FREE AN ATI RADEON™ GRAPHICS CARD CONTEST for the residents of Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand. Hurry and visit the website below to win attractive prizes every week.
Friday, October 17, 2008
Convergence and MyBroadband Expo at the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre which will be opened to the trade and public. , The industry will be showcasing the applications of Convergence and broadband technologies where visitors can have a hands-on experience on what Convergence can deliver today. The Co-organiser AMB exhibitions, will in parallel host the Asean ICT Expo, ACM 2008 which will house a "business-to-business' ICT and Media tradeshow on the latest technologies and solutions for communications, IT, digital multimedia and broadcasting.
Experiencing Convergence. MyBroadband 2008 Conference provides a landscape towards convergence - today and tomorrow. Stakeholders from every facet of the communications and multimedia industry convene to share delivery platforms, develop business models for convergence and address consumer expectations in a converging environment.
Please visit converging broadband http://www.ecmybroadband.com/ for further information.
Event: MyBroadband 2008 - Exhibition and Conference
Date: 28/10/2008 - 30/10/2008
Venue: Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre
Not all of iGoogle gadgets have canvas views yet, but here are some of the best:
- News - New gadgets from The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and The Washington Post give me full-page views of what's new in the world. Nice.
- Games - The Sudoku gadget lets me play thousands of full-page Sudoku puzzles without squinting at 6-point type. The GoComics gadget gives me my fix of Garfield and Doonesbury and lets me choose from all of their other comics. I've also spent many coffee breaks browsing through videos from YouTube and CurrentTV.
- Entertainment - I've configured the TV Guide gadget to my zip code and just used it today to figure out when the newest episode of The Office is playing. Flixster's movies gadget lets me access trailers, ratings, and theater information for any movie. I also use the iLike gadget to browse news, concerts, and free MP3s from my favorite musicians.
- Google stuff - The new Gmail gadget lets me read my full email and perform simple actions like send or reply to emails without leaving iGoogle. Last but not least, a gadget that I authored and use every day is for Google Finance, which provides full-screen finance charts and news of the stocks in my portfolio. Here's a full list of our highlighted canvas view gadgets.
Google also replaced the tabs at the top with a left navigation that allows for access to any gadget with one click. These changes makes iGoogle a more useful homepage and a better platform for developers. And this is just the beginning: Expect to see more canvas gadgets created by developers and more new features on iGoogle soon. Not in the U.S.? Don't worry. Google will be rolling out this updated version in other countries very soon.