For those who want to read the New Office 2007 file type for Word, Excel and Powerpoint, using your existing Office 2000, Office XP or Office 2003. You can try download this MS Office 2007 compatibility pack for Word, Excel and PowerPoint (it is free!) . Rather than using the save as method (ask the user of Ms Office 2007 to save the file format to office 97-2003 compatible format). this method you will love to try out. So far I have installed it and try it out on my office 2003. It work fine and can opened the new office word file. Download the compatible pack here.
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Service Pack 4; Windows Server 2003; Windows Vista; Windows XP Service Pack 1; Windows XP Service Pack 2
- Recommended Microsoft Office programs:
- Microsoft Word 2000 with Service Pack 3, Microsoft Excel 2000 with Service Pack 3, and Microsoft PowerPoint 2000 with Service Pack 3
- Microsoft Word 2002 with Service Pack 3, Microsoft Excel 2002 with Service Pack 3, and Microsoft PowerPoint 2002 with Service Pack 3
- Microsoft Office Word 2003 with at least Service Pack 1, Microsoft Office Excel 2003 with at least Service Pack 1, and Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003 with at least Service Pack 1
- Microsoft Office Word Viewer 2003
- Microsoft Office Excel Viewer 2003
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint Viewer 2003
InstructionsTo install this download:
- Ensure your system is up to date by installing all High-Priority/Required updates on Microsoft Update (required for Microsoft Office XP and 2003 users).
- After installing all High-Priority/Required updates with Microsoft Update, download the Compatibility Pack by clicking the Download button above and saving the file to your hard disk.
- Double-click the FileFormatConverters.exe program file on your hard disk to start the setup program.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
- On the Windows Start menu, click Control Panel.
- Select Add/Remove Programs.
- In the list of currently installed programs, select Compatibility Pack for the 2007 Office system and then click Remove or Add/Remove. If a dialog box appears, follow the instructions to remove the program.
- Click Yes or OK to confirm that you want to remove the program.